Supporters are at the heart of everything UNICEF UK does. With your help UNICEF is able to reach millions of children in danger every year. Your kind donations and support make a huge difference.
We strive to provide the best possible experience for our supporters. This is what you can expect as a UNICEF UK supporter:
We are honest and open
- In all our messaging our philosophy is to represent accurately the experiences of the children and families we help.
- We are committed to transparency, details about our fundraising activities are displayed on our website and in our Annual report.
- We are happy to answer your questions about our fundraising because we believe every supporter has the right to know how their donations are being used.
We are accountable and committed to high standards
- On average over the last five years, for every pound spent by UNICEF UK, 72p went towards our work for children around the world, 27p was spent on raising another pound and 1p was spent on the governance of the charity.
- We are members of the Fundraising Regulator. As members, we follow their fundraising code of practise.
- We work with professional fundraising organisations to assist us in raising funds to help children. Each agency is required to work to a high standard and monitored on a daily basis.
- All our fundraising partners are contractually obliged to comply with the Codes and with this Promise.
- We do not share your details with any other charities or to third parties for their own purposes.
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
- If you have any questions or concerns with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, please contact us. We have a complaint procedure, a copy of which is available on request. If we cannot resolve your complaint, we will support you to make your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator.
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and the children and families you help to support.
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause distress or offence.
- We will not put pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
- If we contact you by phone at the start of the call we will always check you are happy to talk. If you no longer wish to receive calls from us you just need to let us know.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
If you have questions, our Supporter Care team is available in person over the phone at 0300 330 5580 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm) or by sending us a message.